57 East Main Street
Signs in the Home
- Loss of interest in family activities.
- Disrespect for family rules.
- Withdrawal from responsibilities.
- Verbally or physically abusive.
- Sudden increase or decrease in appetite.
- Disappearance of valuable items or money.
- Not coming home on time.
- Not telling you where they are going.
- Constant excuses for behavior.
- Spending a lot of time in their room.
- Lies about activities.
- Finding the following: cigarette rolling papers, pipes, roach clips, small glass vials, plastic baggies, remnants of drugs (seeds, etc).
Signs at School
- Sudden drop in grades.
- Loss of interest in learning.
- Sleeping in class.
- Poor work performance.
- Not doing homework.
- Defiant of authority.
- Poor attitude towards sports or other extracurricular activities.
- Reduced memory and attention span.
- Not informing you of teacher meetings, open houses, etc.
Physical and Emotional Signs
- Changes friends.
- Smell of alcohol or marijuana on breath or body.
- Unexplainable mood swings or behavior.
- Negative, argumentative, paranoid or confused, destructive, anxious.
- Over-reacts to criticism.
- Acts rebellious.
- Sharing few if any of their personal problems.
- Doesn't seem as happy as they used to be.
- Overly tired or hyperactive.
- Drastic weight loss or gain.
- Unhappy and depressed.
- Cheats or steals.
- Always needs money, or has excessive amounts of money.
- Sloppiness in appearance.
|Copyright © 2003 Waynesboro Police Department. All rights reserved.||